POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Technology ;-) (2 x JPG 800 x 600, 77 KB) : Old Technology ;-) (2 x JPG 800 x 600, 77 KB) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology ;-) (2 x JPG 800 x 600, 77 KB)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 5 Apr 2003 15:53:57
Message: <3E8F5E7A.43FB9E2F@tiscalinet.de>
High!

This is my very first - albeit not so seriously meant, the whole
composition is way too simple - contribution to the IRTC. I
modelled this mathematical co-processor from the real thing, using a
slide caliper (you've been raytracing too much when you
own a slide caliper - and use it!). The printing on top of the upper
ceramic die is an ordinary image_map, I just scanned the
processor... but there MUST be a way to do this purely procedurally,
REAL povers shun image_maps!

Yes, I had to re-scale everything by factor 1,000... too bad that
anything smaller than about 0.001 isn't rendered properly,
neither with the Windows nor with the Linux version. Is there (optional)
higher floating point accuracy planned in future
versions of PoV-Ray? Would be a thrilling idea to render a whole
universe with galaxies and atoms to match...

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cyrix.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'cyrix_upsidedown.jpg' (51 KB)

Preview of image 'cyrix.jpg'
cyrix.jpg

Preview of image 'cyrix_upsidedown.jpg'
cyrix_upsidedown.jpg